Does Issachar Church hold some beliefs it considers essential? Yes.
There are teachings so clear in the Bible that we view them as accepted truth. These beliefs are unchanging and accepted by those who make up our church family. In them, we seek unity.
"There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."
Do all partners at Issachar Church agree on everything? Of course not.
God inspired the Bible to be written in such a way that sincere Christians can find areas of disagreement over doctrines that are not essential to the Christian faith. Why did God allow the Bible to be written in such a way as to leave room for disagreements? Perhaps so that we would have to learn to love people who didn't agree with us in everything! We strive to allow individual members of our Church liberty to follow their consciences on the myriad of issues we hold non-essential to the Christian Faith.
Romans 14:1, 4, 12, 22"Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand. So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves."
Is Issachar Church the kind of church who fights over doctrines? No.
We've chosen the path of love.
I Corinthians 13:2"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."
What are the beliefs Issachar Church holds to be essential?
- WE BELIEVE...The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
- WE BELIEVE...There is only One True God--revealed in three persons...Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
- WE BELIEVE...In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God's son Jesus was both human and divine.
- WE BELIEVE...though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin--ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
- WE BELIEVE...Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through 'Salvation' (accepting Christ's offer of forgiveness for sin).
- WE BELIEVE...and practice two ordinances--(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one's sins and receiving Christ's gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord's Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ's suffering and death for our salvation.
- WE BELIEVE...the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times.
- WE BELIEVE... Divine healing is an integral part of the gospel. Deliverance from sickness is provided for in the atonement, and is the privilege of all believers.
- WE BELIEVE...Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christ like.
- WE BELIEVE...The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe 'the Church' is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God's offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
- WE BELIEVE...A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, and to build up or edify the body of believers--the Church.
- WE BELIEVE...in The Blessed Hope-When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever.
- WE BELIEVE...in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. At that time many in the nation of Israel will recognize and accept Him as the Messiah, the Savior who died for them and all mankind.
- WE BELIEVE...A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
- WE BELIEVE...and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. 'And so shall we forever be with the Lord!'